Star trek - Dark Future

A forum for a PBeM in an alternative dark future of the star trek universe. Loosely based on the Birth of the federation computer game

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inAlpha Quadrant Map Gamma Quadrant Map (coming soon)
RP Rating
Latest topics
» Game changes!
Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm by Argel Tal

» New turn sheet template
Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm by Q

» Modifications to the game
Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:20 pm by Q

» Turn 18 - Stardate 2267 *Pending changes to game*
Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm by Argel Tal

» STAR TREK ONLINE
Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm by Argel Tal

» The Fate of the Vulcan High Command
Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm by Argel Tal

» The fate of Star Trek: Dark future
Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm by Argel Tal

» bollocks and bollocks
Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 am by Argel Tal

» Known Alpha Quadrant Map - Stardate 2264 (turn 15 - 19)
Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am by Q

Affiliates

Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites

Aeterna Roma
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Star trek - Dark Future on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Star Trek Big Changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Q
Admin

Character sheet
Name::
PostSubject: Star Trek Big Changes   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:44 am

Hi Everyone.

Time to evolve, the game is becoming too unwieldy and unfun for me as the non played races start fighting each other (and i have to plot against myself). Add the admin side and the billions of statistics i seem to have thrown into the game to make my life more difficult and something has got to give.

So rather than me crumpling and quitting before we have even started its time to streamline a number of issues within the game and hopefully add some more appeal.

1 - Trade routes are going to change, available trade routes will soon become available as simply a number from one empire to another, no black lines will cross your maps ruining your view of the alpha quadrant from your view point. It will make map viewing a little more pleasurable and easier for me to manage. Of course this does mean the rules for Raiding trade routes have to change.

2 - Star ships are going to be simplified, yes i know its great to have all your different classification of vessels and there cool speed and shield and weapon strengths. But honestly i didn't know what i was thinking with all those statistics. trying to make this game like BOTF is simply a mistake. I'm not a computer. Instead ships that have been created thus far will now each represent a fleet of vessels(numbers vary and are irrelevant for the moment) and they can still form up with other fleets and plow around the galaxy together in ARMADA battle groups. As for the ship statistics this will be scrapped for identifying the strength of your battle group with corresponding titles.

3 - Research of vessels is now something im gonna have to flip on its head slightly. Ill make sure that what you've researched thus far and the directions you've all moved in regards to Mk1 and Mk2 vessels will not have been wasted either.

4 - Star ship movement is going to change, yes i liked that some of you have uber fast ships and some were a lot slower, but with the new ship statistics coming into play it cant work like that anymore. Its going to become a lot easier to move battle groups around, WHY!!!! you ask? Its just annoying for me with all the billions of ships slowly moving from one area to another and i imagine for you guys as you slowly creep towards new planets or wormholes. The distances you can move to will still apply but movement will be relaxed greatly for different types of battle groups. Obviously invading territory will slow Battle Group movements as is only fair.

5 - Finally but probably not the last change. The system for doing battle with each other is... complex and even in this early stage taking far too much of my time as i try to take in speed of vessels, amount of weapons, damage they do and experience then pit it against an enemy vessel, fight in rounds then realise that just two ships and there are 10 ships in each fleet... Mad
So using advanced holo-deck techniques i will be using the system on Star Trek Online i am paying for to allow me to simulate the battles and watch the results. No calculation made by me Star Trek Online Forge does it all WOOHOO!!! Scared...? You should be as ill be videoing it and you'll have live replays of your fleets fighting each other. Awesome?

6 - Downtime is needed as we refit, so bear with me and ill work furiously to bring you this new streamlined and newly shielded version of Star Trek Dark Future.

Questions? Concerns? Ideas?

So any question?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darkfuture.forumotion.co.uk
Constantine
Petty Officer Second Class

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Big Changes   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Maybe any good ideas could be opened in a new post to be explored. I'm curious about how customisable the new combat could be on the program thing. Also does it take training/experience into account?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Argel Tal
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Big Changes   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:38 pm

hells yeah. oh when can i fire under cloak? or do i have to post a link from nemisis? and hey with the ideas jab! i've been giving you loads of ideas!

Grand Nagus Ramark
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Big Changes   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:43 pm

I can't wait! I like the idea of seeing the battles....not knowing if you have won or lost....should be good!

I can see it now....swarms of Ferengi vessels swarming over the Galazy Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Q
Admin

Character sheet
Name::
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Big Changes   Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:57 am

Constantine wrote:
Maybe any good ideas could be opened in a new post to be explored. I'm curious about how customisable the new combat could be on the program thing. Also does it take training/experience into account?

ok ill open a thread about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darkfuture.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Big Changes   

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Big Changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1