Star trek - Dark Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star trek - Dark Future

A forum for a PBeM in an alternative dark future of the star trek universe. Loosely based on the Birth of the federation computer game

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAlpha Quadrant Map Gamma Quadrant Map (coming soon)
RP Rating
Latest topics
» Game changes!
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm by Argel Tal

» New turn sheet template
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm by Q

» Modifications to the game
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:20 pm by Q

» Turn 18 - Stardate 2267 *Pending changes to game*
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm by Argel Tal

» STAR TREK ONLINE
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm by Argel Tal

» The Fate of the Vulcan High Command
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm by Argel Tal

» The fate of Star Trek: Dark future
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm by Argel Tal

» bollocks and bollocks
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 am by Argel Tal

» Known Alpha Quadrant Map - Stardate 2264 (turn 15 - 19)
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am by Q

Affiliates

Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites

Aeterna Roma
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Star trek - Dark Future on your social bookmarking website

Turbulence within the Klingon Empire

Go down 
+2
The Vulcan High Command
House of Mogh
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
House of Mogh
Petty Officer Second Class
House of Mogh

Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Empty
PostSubject: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 8:14 am

After his long absence the Klingon Ambassador strides into the hall, he is alone and looks weary. Although he walks confidently it is obvious that he has been recently wounded.

Greetings ambassadors of the alpha quadrant I apologise for the absence of my people within these halls. But today is not a good day for the Klingon Empire.

The Klingon Ambassador lowers his head and his sadness is clear to see, he speaks again his voice filled with bitterness and growing pride.

The Klingons are at war, Emperor Scolack in his wisdom has decided to turn our own people into slaves by trying to build a mining prison on our home planet. I am no longer a representative of the Empire. It is clear to me and those I represent that the Emperor is insane and can no longer be trusted to lead my proud people. I hope for your tolerance within these dark times and I pray that no one will lend aid to this tyrant.
Back to top Go down
The Vulcan High Command
Crewman
The Vulcan High Command

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 8:00 pm

The VUlcan ambassador stands and eyes the klingon warily

"I see that this may be a bad time to ask as you clearly need rest but would this then explain the gathering of klingon ships at our borders? are these the actions of your 'mad' emperor?"

The vulcan ambassador remains standing , waiting patiently for a reply
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
Petty Officer First Class
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:56 pm

Watching the Vulcans concerns the Crown Prince of the Gorn hegemony speaks sitting forward slightly upon his seat.

There is only one reason for such an encroachment upon the Vulcan high Commands sovereign territory and the gathering of Klingon ships...

there is no concern in the Gorns eyes as he spoke just the look of one stating what he believes to be obvious.

It seems war is coming to Vulcan, i hope you are prepared...

he looks at the Klingons for acknowledgement.

Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:16 pm

*The Grand Nagus stand and bows to all present before leaning heavily on his golden Staff, he speaks in his nasally high pitched voice*

"The Ferengi alliance sends its sympathies to the people of the klingon empire. Slavery is an outdated use of resource, and much more can be achieved with the carrot aswell as the stick. Perhaps you would like me to speak to the emperor on profit-share and motivational approaches to mining?"

*He turns to the Vulcan representative with a slight bow of his head*

"Ambassador, It seems odd that at a time of such civil unrest the Klingons would mount an assault on another race. I am sure the klingons actions are completely innocent and would not jump to conclusions too quickly"

*Your not sure, but you think the Nagus may have glanced at the Gorn as he sat*

Last edited by Grand Nagus Ramark on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Vulcan High Command
Crewman
The Vulcan High Command

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:37 pm

T'pau glances at the grand nagus

"I am sure the klingon representative can offer his own assurances , although it irks somewhat that an 'estimed' business .... person , such as yourself would seek to take advantage of the addled mind of a mad old man"

The vulcan re-seats , if vulcans ever smirked you'd bet this one was
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:58 pm

*The Nagus stands and bows to the Vulcan Ambassador*

"I apologise, I forget that economics and the continuum are only second nature to the Ferengi. The profit share I refer to is an employee driven scheme, not one involving the Ferengi alliance. It is a payment structure, although non conventional, I myself have had some success, where the better the work of the employees and hence success of the business, the greater the individual profit. It is an excellent motivational tool although I find not required in my Ferengi run business', advancement is motivation enough for a Ferengi. It is without doubt more palettable and profitable than slavery"

*The Nagus pauses briefly, before continuing with a little more enthuiasm*

"Of course, if any empires would like to hire our experts? For a small fee, we can provide training in all manner of accounting, auditing and entrepeneurism"

Last edited by Grand Nagus Ramark on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
House of Mogh
House of Mogh

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:15 am

I have missed much in my absence, so I must apologise again as I cannot address many of you by name and with the problems that currently face my people I have not been granted the time to check the previous data logs.

Turning to the Vulcan ambassador

I can assure you that during this time of turmoil, my people have no desire for conquest. Fear not for the ships you have seen, as they have nothing to do with you. I only say this to alleviate your distress, when my people go to war we will not come like snakes in the grass, concealed with a will to attack by surprise. We leave the tactics of cowardice to other races.

Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:20 am

The Gorn yawns showing lengthy fangs as the ferengi speaks and with the Nagus' final glance at him he snaps them shut with an audible hiss and his eyes flick back to the Klingon.

Perhaps you should tell us of the plight of your empire. commander. Your emperor is slaving his own people you say...

A low hiss begins to emanate from the chest of the Gorn Crown Prince and his scales seem to grow a darker color in anger.

Back to top Go down
The Vulcan High Command
Crewman
The Vulcan High Command

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:34 am

The Vulcan ambassador winces at every mention of the word profit, but seems to shake off any irritability when addressing the the Klingon representative.

Thank you, Klingon, for your re-assurances, the Vulcan high command wish you well in your endeavours to re-stabilize your empire. we have had troubles with madness in our own history and know all too well how much damage it can cause. Although, please, do not ask us for advice in dealing with it.

T'Pau retakes his seat, a shadow seems to fall accross his features
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:14 am

*One of the Grand Nagus' aides noticed the vulcan wincing at his comments and reports it to the Nagus, who stands and looks over to the Vulcan ambassador with a look of confusion and shock*

"I apologize if my offer of advice on an alternative to slavery is distasteful to you"

*The Nagus shakes his head and mutters to his advisors as he sits*
Back to top Go down
The Vulcan High Command
Crewman
The Vulcan High Command

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:23 am

T'pau raises a quizzical brow looking at the the grand nagus

no need for apologies , it is merely something of a culture shock, profit is something we vulcans regard as something rather antiquated. All advanced civilizations have their crux to bear
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 am

*The Nagus stands again and nods to the vulcans, still looking a little perplexed and a little offended, speaking again in his Nasally voice*

"Ambassador, my surprise stems from your obvious distaste to profit in the context I presented it. My suggestion was to provide an alternative for the Klingons to continue mining at a good rate while preserving the freedom of the Klingon people, thereby hopefully bringing an end to the civil war and sating the Emperors ambition for more dilithium. My suggestion, if done correctly, could bring an end to the killing and prevent the ongoing slavery of the Klingon people! Do you still find this distasteful?"

*The Nagus obviously not particuarly happy with the discussion spreads his arms in a gesture of non comprehension and sits back down with a 'hrrmmph'*
Back to top Go down
The Vulcan High Command
Crewman
The Vulcan High Command

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:20 am

The vulcan ambassador rises and with a small , almost in-audible' sigh

Ambassador my distaste does not stem from the methodology you propose but whom you wish to impose it on, let the Klingons handle their affairs as they see fit. I'm sure the knlingons would prefer that this matter is dealt with , with as much privacy and diplomacy as is possible. Profit i am certain , is the last thing on their collective minds , My apologies to the klingon ambassador i do not wish to speak for you (OOC but i'm bored)

The vulcan re-seats whispering quietly to an advisor who strides out of the hall , eyes hidden under a hood
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:15 am

*The Nagus nods to himself as he rises, and bows to the Vulcan Ambassador*

"Ambassador, I understand your position a little clearer now, I had no intention of imposing myself but merely proposing a possible solution. Although the Ferengi throughout their history have never had a period where Slavery existed in our society, I have always assumed its purpose was to achieve 'maximum profit', by spending the absolute minimum on ones workforce and hence reducing running costs. It is my belief that with the correct management and incentives a better result can be achieved without the need for such mistreatment and infringments of an individuals rites. Thus rendering the entire premise of slavery obsolete."

"Of course, the Klingon empire can choose to employ or ignore this advice as they see fit, I am only trying to help"

*The Nagus bows to the forum before sitting back down again looking a little happier with the situation*
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:24 am

Watching the proceedings the Gorn crown Prince has been updating his data pad and obviously receiving replies from an unknown source. Growling he speaks putting an end to the words flying across the meeting room.

Enough of this banter it serves no end...

Peering around the room he turns of the datapad with a delicate touch of a clawed hand.

On advice from our intelligence division 'The Inspectorate', The Gorn Hegemony will be moving to secure its border against the Klingon Empire, a mad Emperor who tries to enslave his own people can not be trusted to stay confined within his sector.

Looking at all present the Gorn leans back and waits.
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 am

Tapping the table impatiently with his claws the Gorn stands.

Well.... since no one has any objections he glances at the Klingon waiting for a response then slowly stands shaking his head beckoning the Gorn warriors who approach with gleeful hisses.

Our vessels will move on the Klingon border and secure peace for the klingon Empire, we go now to stop this slavery and bring order to our sphere of the Alpha Quadrant.

The Gorn begins moving towards the exit his huge frame rising up towering above the surrounding delegates.
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:51 am

*The Nagus taps his staff on his seat to get the attention of the leaving Gorn, he speaks loudly in his nasally voice*

"A noble sentiment mighty Gorn, but I worry to how the Klingons will react to your......peacekeeping mission"

*The Ferengi pauses tapping his finger on his chin while thinking, before continuing *

"Although, your efforts will almost definately bring an end to the Civil war......it will only end as the Klingons will have a real war to fight........"

*The Nagus begins to sit down.......*

"Oh yes, I almost forgot, I assume your affiliate the federation will be joining you in this endeavour?"

*The Nagus sits attentively for the Gorns reply*
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:44 pm

As the Nagus speaks the Gorn turns leaning against the back of a chair heavily.

I know exactly how the klingons will act to this strike.

Staring at the wounded Klingon grinning he hisses folding his arms and striking a pose of reptilian majesty and might.

But look at the them wounded and fractured as an empire, who is to say he is the one that should lead their empire, Mad Emperor or this weakling. No... Better The Hegemony go in and restore order swiftly and efficiently.

As for the Federation, our Affiliation is one of defense against the northern sphere trade alliance this is a Gorn affair and unlikely to peek the interest of the mighty Federation.

Staring at the Grand Nagus his tongue snakes in and out for a moment in contemplation and his voice lowers in mock of a conspiratorial tone.

There is profit to be made here Grand Nagus... even the lowest Ferengis' lobes would be tingling right now...

The Gorn crown - Prince tilts his head suggestively...

Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:26 pm

*The Grand Nagus smiles, showing his full array of pointed teeth, he speaks slightly hesitantly as if considering the situation as he speak*

"You are right of course......War is good for business......but as any good Ferengi knows....so is Peace"

*He continues with a little more certainty, and perhaps some admiration*

"You obviously have an eye for opportunity, and it bodes well for future business between our races."

*The Nagus nods at the gorn before finishing in a more serious tone*

"However, I doubt the Klingons or the Federation will share your view of the affiliation pact in which you are commited. It is after all a military pact, your actions will reflect on the Federation and I feel the Klingons will consider the federation amongst their enemies"

*The Nagus leans heavily on his golden staff as he remains standing*
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Nodding the Gorn replies.

The Muda Treaty between the Hegemony and the Federation is to secure trade routes entering our space and ensure that no illegal trade is detected and dealt with, it also speaks of internal security from outside aggressors.

Peering at all present from beneath his brooding reptilian forehead.

I doubt the Federation will be concerned with Gorn peacekeeping efforts to shut down the klingon civil war, if they are... all the better. If not so be it.

A Dark skinned Gorn lithe in appearance and its eyes tinged with red rather than yellow stalks into the room the doors hissing shut behind it. It approaches the crown prince and speaks its words like venom.

Your Vessels are ready Crown Prince, preparations are underway and the troops are being assembled.

The dark skinned gorn slowly caresses an insignia upon its tabard that of the gorn hegemony with a single difference, a dark red tear... or is it a droplet of red added to it.

well done high commander. Xrathis praises. The dark skinned Gorn scraping the floor with a bow.

Now if there are any objections or words of encouragement then speak then for i need to depart...

Xrathis stares at each delegate slowly giving them time to speak.
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:14 am

*The Ferengi inclines his head to the Gorn*

"You are obviously aware of what your actions are likely to cause and I doubt I can do much to sway your actions. Hence, I can only commend you for trying to bring 'peace to Klingons'. Perhaps when you return you could teach my advisors here that its not all about the profit........"

*A few of the Nagus' advisors chuckle and some laugh out loud...the Nagus enjoys the laughter for a moment before quieting them down....and looks a little more serious*

"I wish you luck in your endeavor Prince Xrathis, and remember..........The riskier the road, the greater the profit."
Back to top Go down
House of Mogh
House of Mogh

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:40 pm

During this remarkable discussion the Klingon Ambassador has been preoccupied, furiously typing into a data pad whilst constantly whispering into his communicator. Once or twice he has glanced upwards catching some of what has been said. Suddenly he looks up and smiles

My apologies Ambassadors, I and my house are heavily involved in this revolution and I have little time for idle discourse. However it now seems that idle discourse has evolved into rash action.

Prince Xrathis I would dissuade you from your present course of action your assistance is neither needed nor wanted. If your ships enter Klingon territory this will be deemed an act of war by both sides of the rebellion we will unite and crush you. Be assured there is only one thing a Klingon warrior loves more than doing battle with another Klingon. And that is doing battle with anyone else.

I was chosen as an Ambassador because amongst my people I am considered temperate, do not judge my people from me as you will be sorely mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:34 pm

*The Ferengi delegation all lean forward in their seats......a couple of bowls of small insects can be seen which a few of them are eating absently, the Grand Nagus himself seems to be looking from Prince Xrathis to the Klingon Ambassador and back.......*
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:29 am

Nodding his head in respect to the Klingon ambassador the Gorn speaks as the Crown prince of the Hegemony his words ringing with authority.

The Hegemony wishes your house the greatest of glory in the coming storm Ambassador. Our intelligence tells us your situation is more dire than you tell, that this mad emperor is beyond control or resistance...

Xrathis stares at the delegates as he gauges his next words and they come without blood lust or volume, merely stating a fact.

We are coming Ambassador, use us or defy us this is your choice, we will not stand for the actions of a mad emperor bent on slavery within the Alpha quadrant, that is unless you can show you have the strength, honor and wisdom to change this.

The Gorn strides confidently forward, his warriors move to put themselves between the Klingon and their sovereign prince, but he growls and they whimper stepping back into the shadows. Standing before the ambassador and scion of House Mogh(?) he offers his hand unafraid and with a look of fierce determination his yellow eyes glittering in the artificial light.
Back to top Go down
House of Mogh
House of Mogh

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:39 pm

The Klingon looks upon the Gorn Prince, with respect but also frustration, his hands ball into fist before he slowly unclenches them, a wolfish smile spreads across his face. He bows his head a fraction as he address' the Gorn.

Prince Xrathis, I can only admire your tenacity, and I hope that if our positions were reversed, I would be standing where you are now. But please listen.

Things are not quite as dark as you seem to believe, yes the Emperor is powerful and as yet he holds our homeworld in an iron grip that will not be easily cast off. However, the house of Mogh and the rebels they represent have taken the Klingon second planet of Khitomer and managed with difficulty to complete the construction of a shipyard. Although it was bought at great cost and with many a glorious battle, the ability to build new vessels has dramatically evened the odds. The rebellion now stands upon a knife edge with two more planets currently hanging in the balance.

The house of Mogh can not accept military support from an alien race, this would be seen as a sign of weakness and galvanise the Klingon warriors in support of the Emperor. If you truly wish to aid us in deposing this mad tyrant. Then perhaps there is another way.

The Klingon looks down gazing at his open palm.

What the rebels really need are fresh supply lines for food, medicine and construction materials. If you will not be swayed from your current course of action then you have left me little choice in this matter, the House of Mogh proposes an affiliation with the Gorn Hegemony.

And ever so slowly he begins to raise it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turbulence within the Klingon Empire
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star trek - Dark Future :: Roleplay-
Jump to: