Star trek - Dark Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star trek - Dark Future

A forum for a PBeM in an alternative dark future of the star trek universe. Loosely based on the Birth of the federation computer game

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAlpha Quadrant Map Gamma Quadrant Map (coming soon)
RP Rating
Latest topics
» Game changes!
Game changes! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm by Argel Tal

» New turn sheet template
Game changes! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm by Q

» Modifications to the game
Game changes! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:20 pm by Q

» Turn 18 - Stardate 2267 *Pending changes to game*
Game changes! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm by Argel Tal

» STAR TREK ONLINE
Game changes! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm by Argel Tal

» The Fate of the Vulcan High Command
Game changes! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm by Argel Tal

» The fate of Star Trek: Dark future
Game changes! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm by Argel Tal

» bollocks and bollocks
Game changes! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 am by Argel Tal

» Known Alpha Quadrant Map - Stardate 2264 (turn 15 - 19)
Game changes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am by Q

Affiliates

Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites

Aeterna Roma
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Star trek - Dark Future on your social bookmarking website

Game changes!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Q
Admin
Q

Character sheet
Name::
Game changes! Empty
PostSubject: Game changes!   Game changes! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:40 am

What if we were to incorporate that more into the game to make life easier, a complete overhaul if you like...

Empire Level:
Minor - 1 actions including move action, so in this case it would be a build, Intel action or a move action - Free
Lesser - 2 actions including move/build or Intel actions- 1000 maintenance
Major - 3 actions including move/build or intel actions - 3000 maintenance
Galactic- 4 Actions including move/build or intel actions - 5000 maintenance
Notes - Adds an extra dimension in actions, do you focus on move or build actions or even multiple intel actions...

Expansion/Colonial level:
Minor - 1 planet maximum - Free
Lesser - 5 planet maximum - 1000 credit maintenance
Major - 10 planet maximum - 3000 credit maintenance
Galactic - 20 planet maximum - 5000 credit maintenance
Notes - makes sense to have some sort of maintenance on players with big empires! Fairer for those with smaller empires.

Miltitary Level:
Minor - up to 1 Fleet of 9 maintained ships in 1 fleet - Free
Lesser - need 1 dilithium planet and gives up to 2 Fleets of 9 maintained ships - 1000 credits maintenance
Major - needs 3 dilithium planets and gives up to 3 Fleets of 9 maintained ships - 3000 credits maintenance
Galactic - needs 5 dilithium planets and gives up to 4 Fleets of 9 maintained ships - 5000 credits maintenance
Notes - This allows free(?) construction of ships on a scale of 1 per level of planet with a shipyard per turn up to the Military level maximum. Special structures allowing increased ship allowance (Klingons and Romulans) would give a set bonus to these maximums without effecting maintenance cost. If the level drops extra ships will be decommissioned with no credits gained. This would remove the hassle of the usual maintenance costs i have to put in my calculator for each player each time i complete the turns. Dilithium mines would still be needed on the appropiate planets to gain there advantage. The only query i have here is should the construction of these vessels be free? Given the Vast amount of credits needed to run your empire now it may seem prudent.

Research Level:
Minor - 1 Planet size research x 1000 - Free
Lesser - up to 5 Planet size research x 1000 - 1000 credit maintenance
Minor - up to 10 planet size research x1000 - 3000 credit maintenance
Major - up to 15 planet size research x1000 - 5000 credit maintenance
Galactic - up to 20 planet size research x 1000 - 7000(?) credit maintenance
Notes - Nice and simple for Q

Intelligence Level:
Minor - 1 Planet size research x 1000 - Free
Lesser - up to 5 Planet size research x 1000 - 1000 credit maintenance
Minor - up to 10 planet size research x1000 - 3000 credit maintenance
Major - up to 15 planet size research x1000 - 5000 credit maintenance
Galactic - up to 20 planet size research x 1000 - 7000 credit maintenance
Notes - Nice and simple for Q and any special structures would reverts to there original +% bonus as per the original structure rules.

Another large task on the admin side would be the upgrading of planets and structures. We could simplify this to have a set cost to upgrade a planet with full facilities on, so a lvl 1 planet would have a Lvl 1 production, intel and research facility upon it. With no need for energy structures anymore.

Planet Level/upgrades:
Level 1 - Lvl 1 planet with Lvl 1 (Production/Research/Intel) structures - Free
Level 2- Level 2 planet with Lvl 2 (Production/Research/Intel) structure - 5000 cost
Level 3 - Level 3 planet with Lvl 3 (Production/Research/Intel) structure - 10000 cost
Level 4 - Level 4 planet with Lvl 4 (Production/Research/Intel) structure - 20000 cost
Level 5 - Level 5 planet with Lvl 5 (Production/Research/Intel) structure - 40000 cost
Notes - Nice and simple once again, no need for me to calculate all the structure effects each turn. Each planet will have a set value once upgraded, the only stuctures listed as a result will be any special ones. Production would still be calculated on a planet size by planet size basis with the total amount calculated and ready to use on supporting these varied empire levels.

Trade:
Notes - These would automatically bring in credits as per usual, although to ease my workload we would not have to set them up, for each Friendly or greater pact this allows up to 5 trade routes to be established. Minor races such as Bajor, Acamar and the usual suspects only allow +1 trade route. These could be raided by simply entering any of the targeted empires claimed sectors and doing the appropriate action. This would then be worked out on the raid value of the combined raiding fleets values in raiding (which i have for each race and ship type) the dice roll would indicate the margin of success taken from the target. So in effect the Raiding force will have set up a base of operations in your space and would be striking deep into your territory,.(a little imagination is needed here.)
The only way to stop this would be to successfully intercept the raiding fleet based on values i have for each ship and race or by moving a fleet onto the raiders base of operations if they remain stationary for long enough. I do this as i wish raiding to be easy to do and in turn its easy to stop if you have a fleet on intercept.

Ships:
Notes - Another headache for me is moving the vast amount of ships that seem to be scattered across the alpha quadrant and keeping the multiple maps updated as they cross into each other. In the Military Levels it says you may have X amount of Fleets containing up to 9 ships each, each Fleet will comprise all your constructed ships up to 9 as stated. So you will state a staging ground within your empire (Above a shipyard or outpost/space station) and each time a ship is constructed it will automatically fly to that location and join the massing fleet, should you however have that fleet depart the staging ground for any reason then no more ships can be added to the fleet and neither can you build another fleet unless you decommission the entire fleet or it is destroyed, so once they are no longer massing you cannot add any more vessels. So you see some players may need to have a fleet at a lower strength if the need is urgent.

Colony ships - are not bound by the Fleet rule and they do not count towards the max of 9 ships per fleet.

Troop Transports - are not bound by the Fleet rule and they do not count towards the max of 9 ships per fleet, you also no longer need troops to assault a planet, they simply have an assigned value vs the level of the planet. In turn the planets will give a good defense value even at low levels and increase in level as the planet size does. this will help us make the game easier to manage for myself and stop the headache of you thinking... should i build Troops in case i am attacked. Home worlds will be VERY difficult to conquer. In other words no more troops... You are to imagine that you have ground forces on each planet and on each troop transport. Another rule change of troop Transports is that they are used up on an assault just like one is used when you complete an outpost

A Turn sheet may look something like this:

Empire: (Faction)

Empire level: (A average rating of your different empire maintenance's will determine this.)

Empire Credits produced: (Determined by Planet sizes x1000)

Trade routes:
Available:
Used:
Misc bonus:
Deduction from enemy raiding:
Final Credits generated:

Empire Power Levels:

Empire Level: Minor/Lesser/Major or Intergalactic Maintenance = Result=
Expansion/Colonial Level: Minor/Lesser/major or intergalactic Maintenance = Result =
Miltitary Level: Minor/Lesser/major or intergalactic Maintenance = Result =
Research Level: Minor/Lesser/major or intergalactic Maintenance = Result =
Intelligence Level: Minor/Lesser/major or intergalactic Maintenance = Result =

Planets:
Name: Location: Size: Special structures:

Ships:
Name: Location: Type: rating: Experience:

Ship Statistics
(these stay the same, we all love looking at our ships strs and weaknesses and wondering how they will fair against our opponents.)

Diplomacy:
EMPIRE: Rating:

Actions and results: (Obviously this will be affected by your Empire level)

Action 1: Cost:
Description:
Result: (inputted by Q)
Action 2: Cost:
Description:
Action 3: Cost:
Description:
Action 4: Cost:
Description:

OTHER RESULTS AND NEWS: (inputted by Q)

and that in a nutshell would make life a lot easier. I would also still make the other races i did not specify earlier to single sectors and if a new player comes along they will get a nice credit bonus and start there expansion into the stars. Providing you have not conquered and forced them into joining you that is.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://darkfuture.forumotion.co.uk
Argel Tal
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Argel Tal

Game changes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game changes!   Game changes! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm

i like it <3 still need a 5th for the football tho , since his heart attack ma dad's kinda out n i don't wanna bring a gurl
edot: i like that bit you added about the ships, i for one have paid no attention at all to any stats , just been wingin it Very Happy now that i actually understand. oooooow watch out alpha quadrant amma comin to get ya
!
Back to top Go down

Game changes!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star trek - Dark Future :: Research Labs-
Jump to: