Star trek - Dark Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star trek - Dark Future

A forum for a PBeM in an alternative dark future of the star trek universe. Loosely based on the Birth of the federation computer game

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAlpha Quadrant Map Gamma Quadrant Map (coming soon)
RP Rating
Latest topics
» Game changes!
True Colours? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm by Argel Tal

» New turn sheet template
True Colours? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm by Q

» Modifications to the game
True Colours? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:20 pm by Q

» Turn 18 - Stardate 2267 *Pending changes to game*
True Colours? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm by Argel Tal

» STAR TREK ONLINE
True Colours? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm by Argel Tal

» The Fate of the Vulcan High Command
True Colours? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm by Argel Tal

» The fate of Star Trek: Dark future
True Colours? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm by Argel Tal

» bollocks and bollocks
True Colours? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 am by Argel Tal

» Known Alpha Quadrant Map - Stardate 2264 (turn 15 - 19)
True Colours? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am by Q

Affiliates

Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites

Aeterna Roma
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Star trek - Dark Future on your social bookmarking website

True Colours?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grand Nagus Ramark
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Grand Nagus Ramark

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:17 pm

*The Grand Nagus walks into the halls of Serenity station, he looks around at those diplomats gathered before speaking in his usual nasally whine*

"Greetings from the Ferengi Alliance"

*The Nagus pulls out a datapad a look of confusion and consternation on his face*

"The Galactic News has just his week reported that both the Gorn and the Klingons have declared war on the Vulcans at almost the exact same time. Can I assume this is the usual inaccurate rumours I have become accustomed to from this source?"

*The Nagus looks around the room hopefully*

"Would the Klingons find the Vulcans too daunting to face alone?"

*The Nagus chuckles quietly to himself*

"Federation affiliates declaring war on the vulcans for nothing more than defending their borders from extremely aggressive land grabs on their border?"

*The Nagus shakes his head at such a notion*

"Two races on the verge of war both suddenly declaring war on a third party?

*The Nagus shrugs his shoulders and drops his hands*

"Ridiculous!"

*The Nagus smiles, and looks around the room*

"No, I assure you, the Ferengi alliance do not believe such words, these reports cannot be genuine. These things could only be true if the whole thing was planned...."

*The Nagus bows to those gathered and sits down awaiting confirmation, he is of course, correct*
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
Petty Officer First Class
The Gorn Hegemony

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:04 am

The Gorn stands and peers at the Grand Nagus his eyes holding no emotion.

Its true we are united in the attack upon the Vulcan High Command. The Klingon Empire needs no excuse to work in unison with the Gorn Hegemony, we had our differences, they were resolved and the Empire has realized that the Hegemony will stand at its side through these difficult times with honor and integrity.

He sits and continues.

By Decree of the Over-King Slathis, recently emerged from his regeneration cycle a new era has begun, the reclamation of the stars once owned by the Gorn has begun, the worlds you hold as birth place were once ours and will be again. The Klingons are responding to the recent destruction of one of its vessels and we are joining them as only a true brother bound by pacts of honor and battle would, that... and the reclamation process of course.

Xrathis remains calm and waits for the tirade of abuse that is no doubt to follow.

Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:37 am

Argel Tal spits out a mouthful of the cardassian sunrise he was sampling, in a guffaw
Still you amuse me Xrathis, you think your simple minded machinations have gone un-noticed? Folly, You speak again of honor and brotherhood. what do cowards who sneak around making 'secret' pacts know of such things . Yes their was once a day when the Gorn and Klngon could make prideful boasts of Honor and victory , but alas, this it not that day. Even the Klingon emperor has lost his precious sword. As close to having your reproductive organs removed as any metaphor can get, Yet you still press that your actions are honorable
Calmly he carries on
Make no mistake , If this combined force truly does strike at vulcan the entire alpha quadrant will know the full extent of your deceit. You , both of you, will be seen as honorless fools who would wage war on the weak and spit meaningless threats at those who would cow them
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:54 am

Listening calmly Xrathis speaks.

Is it so strange to see two enemies united against a common foe? One that would dare challenge our expansion. One that would interrupt a growing feud between us. The Klingon Empire did as they said, they dispatched the Mad Emperor Scolak and brought unity to the Empire. We wished to challenge this Mad Emperor and we were upon the precipice of war, yet the new Emperor Mogh showed us that strength came through unity and he had brought honor back to the Empire. The threat to the Alpha Quadrant was gone, negotiations had started between us and then the Vulcans decided to... intervene.

Looking round the room.

The Vulcan High Command decided the logical move would be to destroy a Klingon vessel upon its border and challenge our own in regards to territory. The result to be expected... Two Vulcan vessels verses one Klingon vessel. Then in their arrogance they attempted to stop the Gorn as well... i see no logic here.

The Gorn Crown-Prince rolls his eyes.

What did they hope that would do? Make us fight each other more? Perhaps we would start conquering each others worlds in anger at the Vulcan arrogance? No... The Vulcans hoped to capitalise on our warring natures and our bitter dispute. Their first and final mistake... we choose our enemies, they do not choose us, its that simple.

Now blow all the air you wish trying to demonize us for something the Vulcans started and put your credits were your mouth is, the Hegemony is itching for a real contest.

The challenge hangs menacingly in the air
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:26 pm

*The Nagus watches the exchange with a slight smile on his face*

"Prince Xrathis, it seems now you challenge a Vulcans logic?"

*The Nagus' usual entourage chuckle at the Nagus' attempts at humour*

"I can see how the scenario that you suggest would be illogical, unfortunately, you state something that is not quite the whole truth. The Vulcans opened communication with the Klingons to stop annexing territory on their border, the Klingons response was to open fire. It is not illogical to defend oneself from attack, neither is it any fault of the Vulcans that the Klingons will attack in almost any situation with or without justification, or chance of victory. The loss of the Klingon ship was down to the Klingons aggresive expansion and confounded by their inability to conduct themselves in diplomacy. Anything you have said after your inaccurate representation of the facts is, as a Vulcan may say, irrelevant."

"The Vulcans have done nothing more than defend themselves from the aggressive expansion of both Klingons and the Gorn. Rather than embarassing yourself further by trying to convince the Alpha quadrant that the most peaceful race in the Quadrant started a war with the two most aggressive. Perhaps try to preserve what remains of your reputation and reconsider your position?"

*The Nagus shakes his head and sighes as he site*
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:17 am

Frankly I find your observations insulting, I had you pegged as more intelligent as this. You claim I am stating something that is only a partial truth and that its illogical? How would you know, were you there, was it your territory bouys that were destroyed and a command given to leave the sector? Was it your new allies that had been destroyed previously by the same vessels? No... You were too busy counting your latinum and working out how much more you can earn from the planet your trying to steal from the rightful claim of the Breen Confederacy.

He looks to those present for acknowledgement.

Dont even think you know what’s going on Grand Nagus... Your attempts to warp and twist the facts are worthless as the ally you keep to trade with, you don’t even understand the Klingon culture fully, but then how could you... To even suggest that Klingons cannot conduct diplomacy is an affront to the honourable Ambassador Kurn of the house of Mogh and to the Klingon Empire... a dangerous path to take.

He shakes his head at the honourable Grand Nagus in disgust.
Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:58 am

Admiral Tal stands smiling openly and warmly
Dear prince you and your bedfellows reputation in the apha quadrant, as liars and bullies, has already been galvanised through your words and actions. Seeing you squirm like this, making excuses where none are needed, this is not not doing much for the bloodthirsty reputation you previously had. Dear prince we have known of your actions around vulcan space for some time and your intentions. Stop the excuses and attack already!!
Tal smiles and nods slightly in Kurns direction before retaking his seat
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 am

*The Nagus listens to the Gorn and the Romulans speak again nodding and listening intently*

"Prince Xrathis, we can go round in circles like this for some time, and as you have already said, you have little concern for the words spoken here, and perhaps more precisely mine, the facts are there for all to see and Im sure they will all come to their own conclusions."

"My conclusion is very simple, the cause of this war is one thing, territory. I find your claims it is the Vulcans trying to stir up trouble between two aggressive races on its border simply ludicrous, and the Vulcans, well, so far they have not made any comments on the reason. As far as I can see it, the vulcans were defending neutral territory very close to their own lands and not cowering at both yours and the Klingons advances, something I thought you may have found an admirable trait?

*The Nagus pauses briefly and tilts his head quizzicly towards the Gorn, he does not wait long enough for a reply and continues*

"From your actions however, it would seem not as you have instead accused them of devious intent."

"As a Ferengi, I fully understand the draw of opportunity and all it promises, but do not try to sell this declaration of war it is something other than a 'land grab' for want of a better expression."

"As to the Breen, we both believe we have claim over a planet between our respective territories, I offered a cease fire and proposed an attempt to resolve the dispute diplomatically. The Breen responded to my offer by destroying a trading outpost in Ferengi space. I do not believe this needs to be addressed further"

*The Nagus looks around about to sit and then remembers his last thoughts*

"Ah yes, finally, to your remark on the Klingons and diplomacy. My statement did not capture my thoughts accurately here, and I should apologise. I do not find the Klingons unable to conduct themselves in diplomacy, rather, it is simply not always something they choose to engage in."
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 8:21 am

I did not accuse the Vulcans of devious intent, merely insinuated they took advantage of a situation. Something which is fact, A fact im sure you will deny.

The Gorn looks squarely in the face of the Grand Nagus as he contnues.

This has to end Grand Nagus... We disagree on the reasons for this war and its that simple. We disagree on the facts of the reasons for this war, right or wrong we both have our views.

I will address your question however... Land grab... you have a valid point, yes the Vulcan systems would be part of the reclamation process and an invaluable staging ground for the continuation of this coming crusade from the Hegemony. However we are not unreasonable, i will accept the vassalage of the Vulcan High Command to avert further loss of life.

Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:09 pm

the admiral throws down a metaphorical gauntlet
then sweet prince, we meet on the battle feild.
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 10:13 pm

*The Grand Nagus looks slightly shocked at the Gorns statement, and looks even more surprised when Argel Tal speaks*

"Well, I have to say Prince Xrathis, I admire your honesty."

*The Nagus bows to the Gorn Prince, and then turns to the Romulan to once again bow*

"And your directness"

*The Nagus turns back to the Gorn again*

"I must say your revelation leaves me with a feeling of unease, that the Vulcan territory will merely be a staging ground for your 'reclamation'. May I ask, what other planets will be part fo this reclamation?"

*The Nagus looks a little concerned as he retakes his seat*
Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:37 am

Tal looks quizzically at the Nagus.
I think you misundertand my intentions Nagus, I do not wish to join the dessimation of my cousins
He smiles and adds casually
Quite the opposite , The empire has some new technology we think would be quite useful in aiding the defence of Vulcan
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:05 am

Really...?

The look on Xrathis face is one of... delight as he stares at the Romulan commander.

So your vessels will be hovering above the Vulcan systems then when we arrive?

He seems almost eager to hear the response.
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:07 am

*The Nagus looks at the Romulan representative with his own look of confusion*

"Forgive me, if I wasn't clear, the position you state is what I have always believed, he bows to both the Gorn and the Romulan, excuse my interuption"

*The Nagus retakes his seat*
Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:26 pm

still smiling casually
No need nagus i mis-heard(read) and maybe they will prince, but you will not see them. Or maybe you will but it will be the last they see
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Sporting a fearsome grin.

Then we will wait with baited breath for our close encounter with your fabled vessels wrapped in this cloaking technology.
Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:25 am

Argel Tal simply smiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

True Colours? Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Colours?   True Colours? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Colours?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star trek - Dark Future :: Roleplay-
Jump to: