Star trek - Dark Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star trek - Dark Future

A forum for a PBeM in an alternative dark future of the star trek universe. Loosely based on the Birth of the federation computer game

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAlpha Quadrant Map Gamma Quadrant Map (coming soon)
RP Rating
Latest topics
» Game changes!
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm by Argel Tal

» New turn sheet template
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm by Q

» Modifications to the game
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:20 pm by Q

» Turn 18 - Stardate 2267 *Pending changes to game*
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm by Argel Tal

» STAR TREK ONLINE
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm by Argel Tal

» The Fate of the Vulcan High Command
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm by Argel Tal

» The fate of Star Trek: Dark future
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm by Argel Tal

» bollocks and bollocks
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 am by Argel Tal

» Known Alpha Quadrant Map - Stardate 2264 (turn 15 - 19)
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am by Q

Affiliates

Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites

Aeterna Roma
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Star trek - Dark Future on your social bookmarking website

The fate of Star Trek: Dark future

Go down 
4 posters

what should we do?
End the game
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Vote_lcap0%The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Pause the game and begin recruiting in a big way
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Vote_lcap50%The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Continue as normal
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Vote_lcap0%The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Continue but reduce the other minor races to... minor races
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Vote_lcap50%The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Q
Admin
Q

Character sheet
Name::
The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Empty
PostSubject: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:17 am

Getting really down about the state of this game.

We have a small group of great players, however the lack of other players means the admin side as some have predicted is just getting a little two much.

1 federation player who quit without reason.

2 Romulan players have joined and quit, both because of the lack of roleplay on the forum.

2 nausicaan players have joined and instantly left, no real explanation or warning given.

and that's it, after 6-7 months of game play and myself putting up recruitment messages on various forums and websites and keeping them updated, still we have no one new. Although i had relaxed this a little.

3 players just isn't enough to keep the game going i think... Yes 3... the feds the ferengi and the Klingons... what of the Gorn you ask?

That was me trying to keep the game afloat with a general aggressor and try and promote some role play on the forum. I'm sure some of you may have realized. Im sorry if that annoys some people too i was merely trying to add more dimension to the game. I hope you understand.

So with a game designed for 13 players and the possibly of expanding it if players are able to control and shape the destiny of the existing races i have to wonder how long i can bring myself to write orders and update maps for 10 of the uncontrolled races all on my own.

Feel free to chat about it on this thread.

Thus the following poll:

Last edited by Q on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://darkfuture.forumotion.co.uk
Constantine
Petty Officer Second Class
Constantine

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:46 am

I am surprised. I've been itching to play this sort of game for ages.

It has been a little frustrating with the irregular turns, but it is clear that Q puts a lot of time into this game. An its this commitment that makes be stay on beliving the game will not collapse.

I think the problem, in my opinion is the game is too complex for what it does. I think if we were to get a good number of players such as 13, it would be completely unmanageable for Q. If it takes an hour per player to do their turns, 13 is not possible/realistic.

Some suggestions I'd have is to:

1. Completely revamp the rules to make them easier to administer. Complex rules are fine, as long as they are not heavy on the admin side for Q.

2. Ditch the frame of BotF. I think its overly complicated for what it adds and has tied the game down to a particular style.

3. Get players to do more of the leg work with regards to admin where possible.

4. Consider restarting, with empires already expanded.

just a few thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 am

Sad

Sigh.....I think part of the problem is its not just admin of the turns, Q has to do the turns for everyone else who doesnt have a player.

I dont think the rules are particuarly complicated, but I suppose the turn sheet might look a little daunting if you were just giving the game a try.

The bottom line is we really need players, 3 more and the game would be great.
Back to top Go down
Constantine
Constantine

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:41 am

I don't think the rules are complicated, but I think they look it.

I think ideally if the turns can be done in a couple of hours its realistic, but at the moment it looks like it takes a while.

Is there a need to do the same style turns for the non-player empires?
Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 pm

3 is the magic number . i've had 3 peaople all expressing keen interest and i passed on Q's e-mail. Granted they were all girls.....wait a minute what did Q do with em?
Back to top Go down
Constantine
Constantine

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:52 pm

I know a few people that might be interested, but been reluctant to ask them due to the fact they are friends, and there might be a problem with others viewing this as a possible conflict.
Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:56 pm

meh freindship means squat on PbEms especially ones where our beloved Q has a hand in em, Even if he wasn't GM he'd be trying to influence us all in some under handed way. In my experience freinds make easier targets Smile

Back to top Go down
Constantine
Constantine

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:50 am

I'm not worried about them helping me, they're good players. Just the perception from others. Also, they think like you. They'd backstab me without a second thought!
Back to top Go down
Q
Admin
Q

Character sheet
Name::
PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Intriguing... more players would be good even if friends, truth be known Constantine, the Roms, Ferengi and Klingons all know each other as well and they are literally at each others throats so no real issues with that or them helping each other from time to time as long as it can be justified in game.

Researching PBeM recruitment online shows that most games have a core group that then tell there friends and it expands that way, recruiting randomly online is always massively tricky... as we can see.

It surprises me that more people are not interested in a Wargame/roleplay Star trek game. I thought it would be a big hit, there isn't anything like it online without playing a comp game.

So in summary lets continue, just need to do a little recruiting i feel, then well set steady turn deadlines to ensure no player frustration.

If Roms and Feds want to petition anyone who might be interested while im doing a recruiting spree that would be great, no pressure though. If we dont get any new players then we need to think if we want to make the other races minor like the Bajorans and the others that have popped up recently just to make it more manageable and perhaps open them up as a race if new players do arrive...

Ill crack on with the processing and we can think on it.
Back to top Go down
https://darkfuture.forumotion.co.uk
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:20 am

So, anyone managed to inquire for new players yet? All my firends are already playing who will Sad. That sounds very sad......
Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm

I think i've netted one . been sharing the galactic news to some peeps and some are just saying yes to shut me up but a couple seem genuinely interested. One friend thinks i'm the Klingons and was inquiring, hopefully he'll be in touch, Lot of my friends seem to be having babies atm so, hmm maybe when the baby boom has ceased we'll get a few unhappy peeps who'll need any excuse for some peace and quiet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The fate of Star Trek: Dark future   The fate of Star Trek: Dark future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The fate of Star Trek: Dark future
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star trek - Dark Future :: General in game topics and questions-
Jump to: