Star trek - Dark Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star trek - Dark Future

A forum for a PBeM in an alternative dark future of the star trek universe. Loosely based on the Birth of the federation computer game

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAlpha Quadrant Map Gamma Quadrant Map (coming soon)
RP Rating
Latest topics
» Game changes!
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm by Argel Tal

» New turn sheet template
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm by Q

» Modifications to the game
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:20 pm by Q

» Turn 18 - Stardate 2267 *Pending changes to game*
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm by Argel Tal

» STAR TREK ONLINE
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm by Argel Tal

» The Fate of the Vulcan High Command
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm by Argel Tal

» The fate of Star Trek: Dark future
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm by Argel Tal

» bollocks and bollocks
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 am by Argel Tal

» Known Alpha Quadrant Map - Stardate 2264 (turn 15 - 19)
Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am by Q

Affiliates

Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites

Aeterna Roma
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Star trek - Dark Future on your social bookmarking website

Turbulence within the Klingon Empire

Go down 
+2
The Vulcan High Command
House of Mogh
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Gorn Hegemony
Petty Officer First Class
The Gorn Hegemony

Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 am

The Gorn prince gives a wicked smile and slams his own hand into that of the Klingon ambassador with an audible crack and attempts to pull him closer as a display of strength and is visibly impressed by the Klingons ability to keep it level with his own.

It is done... The Hegemony will stand with the House of Mogh and the abolishment of the slavery within the Klingon Empire. Our fleet and its ground forces will stand ready to aid your own should the tide turn. We have much to discuss Ambassador...

The Crown Prince gives a feral roar and is joined by the Gorn soldiers placed around the chamber. The dark skinned Gorn slinking in the shadows however seems unimpressed and his roar is somewhat... half-harted, yet unnoticed by the Prince he slinks out of the chamber as the roaring continues.
Back to top Go down
Constantine
Petty Officer Second Class
Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Federation representative stands

I am sure most in the Quadrant are 'concerned' to say the least with the Klingon Civil war and also the evidence of slavery in the Klingon Empire. The Federation has not acted or expressed our thoughts on the matter until we believed we were equipped and better qualified to make a statement.

It is Federation policy that we do not interfere in the development and internal politics of a sovereign territory. However, the evidence of slavery within the Klingon empire of not only Federation citizens, but from all members of the Alpha Quadrant alarms us greatly. Furthermore, the bloodshed cause by such a embittered Civil War has caused the Federation to examine the situation with greater scrutiny, considering it proximity to our Friends, the Gorn.

While the Federation believe in the primacy of diplomacy and peaceful resolution to conflicts, we share the Crowned Prince's concern with regard to the evidence of slavery rampant in the Klingon Empire and the potential of the conflict spilling over to Gorn space. After consultation with the Crowned Prince we support their investigation into the slavery and are grateful for the Gorn promise that Federation citizens discovered in these slave camps will be returned to the Federation where they can be reunited with their families. We also understand the Crowned Prince's assistance in ending the Civil War in a swift manner to minimise bloodshed after they have assessed the situation on the ground.

The Federation takes his seat at the table
Back to top Go down
House of Mogh
House of Mogh

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:51 pm

The Klingon still firmly in the grip of the Gorn Prince turns his head towards the Federation representative, as he listens an entire host of different emotions pass across his easily readable face. Confusion, disbelief maybe a little consternation quickly followed by even greater disbelief if that were possible after this more than a touch of anger and then finally a great deal of mirth. Shaking his head he begins to laugh, a deep belly rumble of genuine humour, pausing momentarily he tries to collect himself but fails miserably and a few sniggers escape him.

Once again fellow Ambassadors please forgive me it has been a very long day and I am not myself, however I unlike the Federation representative am not drunk but merely exhausted. Federation, what are you talking about, everything you have just said is complete fantasy, is this one of the Q's games?

Let me see, I believe there are a few holes in your statement and that you were not equipped nor qualified to make it. Firstly you mentioned evidence of slavery and what evidence would this be exactly other than my word which I am fairly certain does not constitute evidence. Secondly, and I must admit this did tickle me somewhat. You say we have slaves from every race in the galaxy, how would this even be possible?.

At this the Klingon begins to laugh again.

Please, if not for the star map granted by this facility we wouldnt even know where any of you are, most Klingons still dont even know you even exist, the only race we have the capability to currently reach are the Vulcans and we havent met them yet. What are you talking about?

Do I need to go on, I will just so were clear. Apparently now there is evidence to suggest that slavery is now rampant within the Klingon empire. It seems I must repeat myself Emporer Scolack TRIED to enslave my people as it turns out Klingons make very poor slaves, they were the first to rebel. There are now no slaves within the Klingon empire.

Prince Xrathis, what is your position on this?
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Xrathis steps back and speaks.

Computer pull up the Galactic news Stardate 2257.

A view screen lights up the room and plays the current news.

Once everyone has finished watching, he looks back at the Klingon.

It seems your emperor is acting outside of your borders and without your knowledge ambassador. This is why the Hegemony was coming, not just to save the Klingons, to save our own kind too.

He looks intently at the Ambassador.

Back to top Go down
House of Mogh
House of Mogh

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:37 pm

It is always easier to believe something if one wants to but this so called footage is obviously a fabrication made specifically as an excuse for conquest or to cause division amongst our races. The facts remain, as I have access to all Klingon tactical data this news article is not improbable its impossible. There are no mining prisons within Klingon space just as there are no humans and no Gorn. How could we have travelled such distances for a start, could any of you. To do this without a single Klingon vessel being seen anywhere is remarkable we do not currently have cloaking technology is there anyone here that does?.

Prince Xrathis, it seems that you have been mislead but I wonder by whom.

The Klingon Ambassador raises himself to his full height turning his head he looks at each of the Ambassadors in turn.

Once this rebellion is over, we will leave no stone unturned until we find out the perpetrator's of this crime and then we will be coming. However now I have seen these lies perhaps I should have tempered my words somewhat toward the Federation representative. That is if he is not responsible.
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:38 am

*The Grand Nagus continues to watch eagerly.......he remains seated obviously not wanting to interupt which he and his aides seem to be thoroughly enjoying.......*
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:43 am

I do not doubt your sincerity Ambassador or your information. But i cannot help seeing a pattern emerge within the quadrant.

He looks to the group of Ferengi grinning and watching the proceedings with wide eyes and then turns his own attention back to the Klingon.

There are precious few races with the drive and ambition to establish the kind of secretive trading contact the Galactic news has gained information about, but it is... possible. With the right backing from say those with this cloaking technology you speak off. Why with this combination anything is possible, even slavery on a galactic scale.

The Gorn prince leans back against the side of the still view screen its image frozen on the images of the slaves. He looks perplexed and a little worried by his own train of thought, and one can almost see the Crown prince piecing it all together.

I think that this could be a real problem Ambassador, one that the House of Mogh is perhaps unaware of. One that could be the Emperor Scolaks secret hand in this civil war, one that could definitely tip the scales against you...

He looks to the Ambassador again.
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:37 am

*The Grand Nagus stands and bows to those assembled*

"I do not know if the rumours stated on the galactic news about slavery in the klingon empire are true, but the Ferengi are more than willing to assist in uncovering this illicit trade. Although I believe this one has a certain poetic licence to it from a rogue reporter......."

"As I have already stated with my Trade partner the Federation, the Ferengi will join them in their task of preventing all illicit goods trade in the quadrant"

*The Nagus nods in a business like manner before continuuing in a lighter tone......*

"Of course..........the only way any race could be trading with the Klingons......is if they had made first contact with the Klingon empire. With a quick glance at the Galactic map provided by the mighty Q, our list of potential suspects becomes very short........."

*Your not sure, but did the nagus glance at the Gorn as he returned to his seat?*
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:32 am

Realizing he wont be leaving any time soon the Gorn fold his arms and walks across to a window staring out in to the dark void surrounding the station.

Grand Nagus... he says without turning.

I will speak plainly. We believe your races cunning and race for profit has brought them into contact with many of us before we even suspected, wheeling and dealing as you do now but from the shadows. Combined with the Romulans cloaking technology this would provide the very basis for the greatest slave empire ever to... well ever!

He continues staring out the view port. His words filled with awe as he describes the perceived threat

Imagine a race as driven by profit as your own combined with a race possessing cloaking technology, then add the mad emperor Scolak to the equation and we have the basis for a very profitable business.

Now before you condemn my words, consider that they could be true, consider that rogue factions within the Northern sphere trade alliance are acting without consent... is this so inconceivable?

The Gorn finally turns and looks upon the delegates and take his seat again.

Back to top Go down
House of Mogh
House of Mogh

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Perhaps this is possible but evidence is needed we must find the news team responsible for this report and put them to the question, preferably in this place in front of all gathered here. We all have intelligence agencies surely this is not so difficult a task.
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm

*The Nagus stands, looking a little bemused by the whole situation*

"Currently, the Klingon empire is outside the range of our ships, we cannot cover the vast space between our empires and are yet to make first contact, the only information we do have on the Klingon empire is that provided by Q in the form of the Galactic map. And yet, we are still accused, if its not me its some secret sub section acting without my knowledge"

*The Grand Nagus puts his arms out wide while speaking to illustrate the absurdity of these accusations*

"If one was an investigator, there are a few things that need to be considered.........Opportunity, Motive and means.....Before even considering motive, The Ferengi haven't the opportunity or means to carry out this trade. And to be honest it takes a very brave Ferengi to do business with a Klingon"

"As to the Romulans I do not know anything of their business, I cannot venture into their territory so would not know, as we have no form of diplomatic arrangement to allow collaboration, unlike yourself and the Federation Prince Xrathis"

*After facing the Gorn, the ferengi then looks towards the Klingon Ambassador*

"Ambassador, I believe you have always completely denied these claims and in all likelyhood this report is another attempt to destabilize the quadrant or start a war by a malicous factions intelligence arm? And hence, is all a pack of lies anyway."

*The Nagus nods to himself*

"So in summary, the Gorn is suggesting the Ferengi alliance of commiting a crime that has not happened, with an ally who does not exist, on a planet we cannot reach of a race we have yet to meet........so yes, it is utterly inconceivable"

*The Nagus looks to the Gorn with a look of disappointment, slowly shaking his head*

"Your credibility can only take so much"
Back to top Go down
Argel Tal
Argel Tal

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:17 am

Listening intently the admirals ears twitch at the mention of his people name , after the nagus finishes he stands
I have kept my nose in my own affairs regarding this matter , however it seems to me that there are a few things that don't add up eg: Races that claim to live by a code of honor embroiled and indicated in nefarious actions who openly accuse those who, have had a more colorful past admittedky, have no possible way of partaking in these deeds . Next you'll be telling us we TRIED to bomb our OWN ships !!
The admiral laughs
It seems our xenophobic ways are indeed preferrable, at least when a romulan stabs you in the back it is quick and silent
he retakes his seat with a sneer
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Computer pull up Galactic news Stardate 2255.

He turns once more to look out the view port and the vastness of space. As the News reaches the section about the Sheliak and it finishes he speaks.

Computer freeze program.

The image is frozen on a Sheliak vessel. Turning he speaks again.

Deep space... independent traders... destroyed without provocation by the Sheliak? Perhaps the Sheliak know something we do not?

The last sentence seems to be spoken more to himself then he regains his train of thought and continues.

Traders that are not bound by our borders, traders that if given enough time and the means could establish contact with any race within the quadrant. Throw in such anomolies as wormholes and Diplomatic Hosting behind closed doors... is it so inconceivable now?

The Gorn nods to himself and begins to slowly make his way around the table.

Now you say no crime has been committed? Klingon are enslaving there own kind, and this is confirmed by there own words. Is it such a stretch to believe that they have accuired slaves from other races, the Galactic news gives such information... i admit rather sketchy reports... but reports non the less, after all they are not going to be of documentary standard given the location. Add a mad Emperor... and a Northern sphere trade alliance combined of a race whose philosophy is 'Everything is good for business' and race steeped in mystery and manipulation sporting cloaking technology... it all starts to fall into place. Is it so inconceivable now?

He holds his claawed hand up expecting the backlash.

What proof do we have... none... yet

His last word is more of a snarl. Sitting next to the Romulan commander and waiting for the responses the Gorn Prince leans over a whispers something in his ear and sits back a slight smile on his reptilian face.
Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:41 am

Listening to a return whisper from the Romulan the Gorn chuckles the sound a sinister rasp and his yellow eyes rest upon the Grand Nagus his eyes alight with mirth.
Back to top Go down
Grand Nagus Ramark
Grand Nagus Ramark

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:55 am

*The Grand Nagus seems busy reading and absently eating from a bowl of insects, when a young aide near the back of the Nagus' entourage stands and reads off a another data tablet*

*The young Ferengi speaks in a slighty faltering voice but grows in confidence as he speaks*

"The Grand Nagus will offer no further comment on fiction. The Ferengi Alliance's position has been clearly stated and hope that the Klingons resolve their internal issues whatever they may be. The Ferengi Alliance do not consider this an appropriate platform for the regurgitation of tabloid journalism and continued speculation and that if any diplomat wishes to engage in such fantasies that the holosuite at Quarffs be a more appropriate venue. The holosuites are currently 20% off and their is a B.O.G.O.F on Black holes."

*The aide sits back down and lets out a big breath, obviously relieved he has finished speaking......*

Back to top Go down
The Gorn Hegemony
The Gorn Hegemony

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:10 am

At the words of a two for one offer on Black Holes the Gorn Crown Prince makes his excuses and wanders off to Quarffs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turbulence within the Klingon Empire   Turbulence within the Klingon Empire - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turbulence within the Klingon Empire
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2